A student’s connection to UK’s campus community is a great way to enhance the collegiate experience. The Office of Student Involvement offers students a central hub of information, resources, and opportunities to get involved at UK.
- UK’s Student Government Association provides students a fully involved voice in decisions affecting UK students and the campus in general as well as a range of programs and services.
- UK’s Student Activities Board brings the fun to campus through entertaining, educational and/or enriching programming including entertaining, educational, and enriching programming that includes enlightening lecture series, iconic performances, , and concerts by nationally-renowned performers.
- Through UK’s Resident Student Association (RSA) and Hall Government, Residence Life helps students create positive change where they live.
- UK’s Greek Organizations offer another way for students to find a community and build lasting, meaningful friendships.
- Students learn more about their ability to create change through UK’s Leadership Exchange Program.
- Emerging Leader Institute
- Annual Honors Recognition and Awards banquet every April.
- Lead UK Conference
- Workshops throughout the academic year focused on helping individuals and student organizations achieve success
Service and Outreach
- Students can take advantage of the plentiful outreach opportunities on UK’s campus via the Center for Community Outreach, Habitat for Humanity, Alpha Phi Omega, Greek Service Organizations and many others.
- Students interested in the world of media, broadcasting, journalism, DJing, live music and having an awesome time with technology can find a home at WRFL 88.1FM — the OSI supported, student managed radio station serving UK’s campus.
- UK’s student newspaper — The Kentucky Kernel — offers yet another opportunity to cover the issues facing campus and the community, while giving a voice to the opinions of students, faculty, and staff.
Arts and Culture
- Students interested in Fine Arts—from visual art to performance and theatre—can join a production at the Guignol Theater, experience touring exhibitions at the UK Art Museum and the Rasdall Gallery, and attend events that feature world-renowned performers at the Singletary Center for the Arts.
Leisure and Recreation
- The Student Center’s Cat's Den offers pool tables, video gaming centers and a big screen always focused on UK sports.
- The Johnson Center provides extensive opportunities for physical fitness from group fitness to pick-up games as well as a chance to have some fun with friends in an athletic setting.
- UK Athletics has the best fans in the SEC—students can see the Big Blue Nation firsthand at any of the hundreds of sporting events held each year.
- The Joe Craft Center ticket office sells football and basketball tickets (students should bring their Wildcard IDs).
Know Your Rights
- The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974, as amended, is a federal law that protects the privacy and confidentiality of personally identifiable information contained within student education records. Our office, along with the university, complies with FERPA's protections. Follow the links below to learn more:
- Students – http://www.uky.edu/registrar/FERPA-privacy
- Parents/Guardians – http://www.uky.edu/registrar/content/ferpa-parentsguardians
- Faculty/Staff – http://www.uky.edu/registrar/content/facultystaff-ferpa-privacy