Our Mission, Values, and Assumptions
Mission: Leadership Education strives to build inclusive leaders who are able to make a positive impact on the world by encouraging self-awareness, providing opportunities to create meaningful connections, and integrating learning and leadership into all experiences.
- Leadership is a process
- Leadership is not positional
- Leadership is about relationships
- Leadership happens everywhere
- Students are responsible for creating their own experience
- The ultimate outcome of leadership is to make a positive impact
- Student Centered: Students are at the forefront of the work that we do. We believe that students should have the opportunity to participate, create, and oversee components of our leadership programming. We strive to promote balance and wellness through developmental experiences that provide students an opportunity to learn and grow as individuals.
- Inclusion: We strive to create inclusive environments that celebrate the diverse cultures of the campus community. Our programs are meant to promote meaningful dialogue and communication across differences to enhance student learning.
- Experience: We understand that students come from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We promote student development through co-curricular, experiential, and community based learning opportunities which support individuals through purposeful engagement and reflection.
- Collaboration: We believe partnerships are a critical component of our work. We encourage teamwork, innovation, and the sharing of ideas to bring people together to achieve common goals.
- Authenticity: In order to become the best version of themselves, students must engage in self-discovery, continuous reflection, and exploration of the world around them. Our programs strive to create leaders who model ethical behavior, integrity, and civic responsibility.
- Belonging: We strive to provide all students the opportunity to find and create community by offering a wide variety of experiences through which students can connect with one another. We want students to feel that they are a part of the campus culture, and work to ensure that all students are proud to be a Wildcat.