What is the first step towards registering my organization?

Attend an orientation session- find more information HERE

Once I submit the online registration application, is my group registered?

No, for your group to be officially registered, all advisor approvals and administrative verifications must be completed first. Once ALL steps are completed, we ask fro 5-10 business days to approve your request.

Who can be an advisor for my group?

Any full-time UK faculty or staff member.

Is registration only online?

Yes. To register your organization visit BBNvolved

What are the University regulations for Student Organizations?

Click here to find out.

How can I update information about my group online?

The current president or advisor can log into BBNvolved with his/her Link Blue credentials and update information for the group. You must be administrator to your organization's BBNvolved page to make updates.  

As an administrator- once logged in, select your manage view -> select your organization -> select the menu on the leftside and edit

You need to make updates but you're not an administrator? Ask a current administrator to add you or e-mail studentorgs@uky.edu with your organization's name requesting access.  

Do organizations have to re-register every year?

Yes, registration is only for one year and expires on May 1st of the academic year. We begin re-registering organizations in early April.

What is the role of an advisor?

Advisors with each organization have varying levels of involvement, but they are a resource to the organization, help the group navigate the UK regulations/guidelines and help the officers to transition from year to year. An advisor should be connected with or interested in the purpose and function of the group.

Do all registered student organizations automatically receive funding once they are registered?

No, funding is only available through the Student Government Association funding request process. For more details on the process, please visit www.uksga.org.


How does my organization reserve a room in the Student Center or outside on campus?

You may request space on campus online at http://meetatbigblue.uky.edu.  For questions regarding events on campus or space reservations, please contact the Event Management Office at events@lsv.uky.edu or 859-257-5781.

Is there an online calendar for posting student organization events?

Yes and it can be found here.

If my organization is having a meeting and we want food, do we have to go through UK Dining?

If your meeting or event is in a building with a dining facility (i.e. Blazer Hall or The 90), you must use UK Dining for catering needs.

How/Where can I print posters/flyers for my organization?

For smaller print jobs, you can use the Student Organization printing services- See HERE for more information about prints and how to submit. For larger print or copy jobs, you can use the Ricoh Document Service Center (locations included Whitehall Classroom Building, W.T. Young library, and the Medical Education-Dental Science building.)

What are some leadership opportunities available to me?

Check out the  Leadership Exchange for more information on workshops and trainings.