- What is the first step towards registering my organization?
- Once I submit the online registration application, is my group registered?
- Who can be an advisor for my group?
- Is registration only online?
- What are the University regulations for Student Organizations?
- How can I update information about my group online?
- Do organizations have to re-register every year?
- What is the role of an advisor?
- Do all registered student organizations automatically receive funding once they are registered?
- How does my organization reserve a room in the Student Center or outside on campus?
- Is there an online calendar for posting student organization events?
- If my organization is having a meeting and we want food, do we have to go through UK Catering?
- How/Where can I print posters/flyers for my organization?
- What are some leadership opportunities available to me?
Attend an orientation session- find more information HERE
No, for your group to be officially registered, all advisor approvals and administrative verifications must be completed first. Once ALL steps are completed, we ask fro 5-10 business days to approve your request.
Any full-time UK faculty or staff member.
Yes. To register your organization visit OrgSync (orgsync.com).
Click here to find out.
The current president or advisor can log into the online system with his/her Link Blue credentials and update information for the group. You must be administrator to your organization's OrgSync portal to make updates.
As an administrator- once in your portal, select "Settings" -> "Organization Settings" and save. Your updates will be approved by the office within 5-10 business days.
You need to make updates but you're not an administrator? Ask a current administrator to add you or e-mail Caitlyn.Walsh@uky.edu with your organization's name requesting access.
Yes, registration is only for one year and expires on May 1st of the academic year. We begin re-registering organizations in early April.
Advisors with each organization have varying levels of involvement, but they are a resource to the organization, help the group navigate the UK regulations/guidelines and help the officers to transition from year to year. An advisor should be connected with or interested in the purpose and function of the group.
No, funding is only available through the Student Government Association funding request process. For more details on the process, please visit www.uksga.org.
You may request space on campus online at http://meetatbigblue.uky.edu. For questions regarding events on campus or space reservations, please contact the Event Management Office at email@example.com or 859-257-5781.
Yes and it can be found here.
If your meeting or event is in a building with a dining facility (i.e. Blazer Hall or The 90), you must use UK Dining for catering needs.
For smaller print jobs, you can use the Student Organization printing services- See HERE for more information about prints and how to submit. For larger print or copy jobs, you can use the Ricoh Document Service Center (locations included Whitehall Classroom Building, W.T. Young library, and the Medical Education-Dental Science building.)
Check out the Leadership Exchange for more information on workshops and trainings.