All student organizations must register each academic year. By completing the registration process, student organizations are able to receive a variety of resources including access to on-campus room reservations, locker storage space, access to copying machines, student government funding, and more. Below is an overview of the registration requirements for Sponsored Student Organizations.
Registration for the 2023-2024 academic year opens April 4th 2023. To maintain SSO registration, all steps below must be completed by May 5th 2023. If you have any questions about the registration process, please contact email@example.com.
What You'll Need
You will need the following information and documents in order to successfully register your organization:
- Organization Profile Image/Logo
- Organization Roster (in an excel document using this template:https://uky.campuslabs.com/engage/organization/universityofkentucky/documents/view/2169785)
- You will need the following information from your organization members and your advisor(s):
- On the roster upload, you will have to specifically identify 3 student officers, 3 Event Management System (EMS) contacts, and at least 1 regular, full-time faculty or staff advisor.
- If you have more than one faculty or staff advisor, be sure to list all advisors on the organization roster.
- The listed EMS contacts will have access to reserve space on campus for your organizations.
- The student officers and EMS contacts can be the same 3 people.
- Note that all students listed as officers and EMS contacts must meet the University’s established officer eligibility requirements - enrolled students with a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA.
- Refer to the instructions on the template for additional information and instructions.
- If you have off-campus, community advisors in addition to your on-campus advisor, please collect their contact information as you will be asked to provide this within the registration form.
- Organization Constitution
- Look here (http://getinvolved.uky.edu/constitutions) for information regarding the constitution requirements and for a model organization constitution.
- If your organization is also chartered through a national organization, you will also need an up-to-date copy of the national organization's bylaws, a document that demonstrates proof of affiliation (email or letter from the national organization, receipt from paying dues to the national organization, etc.), and the contact information for your national organization.
- Memorandum of Agreement signed by your advisor and Sponsoring Unit
SSO Registration Steps
Sponsored Student Organizations (SSOs) are organizations that have a more intentional relationship to the University than other student organizations. If your organization falls into this category, you have already been notified directly by SOA Staff.
1. Complete all required SSO officer trainings. At least 1 officer for the 2023-24 academic year must complete all required SSO trainings listed here:
2. Have your on-campus advisor(s) complete the required SSO advisor materials. If your organization has more than 1 advisor, all advisors must complete the below requirements:
3. Complete the organization registration form. Click HERE (https://uky.campuslabs.com/engage/organization/universityofkentucky/documents/view/1613154) for directions for accessing your registration form.
Once all registration steps are completed in your new registration or re-registration process, the Student Organizations and Activities staff will review your organization's registration submission. After all information is verified, your organization's registration will be approved. As over 500 registrations are processed every year through our office, please allow for 3-5 business days once ALL steps are completed. The person who submitted the registration form will receive emails from BBNvolved with updates to your registration status. You can also monitor your organization’s registration status here: http://getinvolved.uky.edu/registration-status.