Wildcat Passport Services
Wildcat Passport Services is pleased to offer passport acceptance for any U.S. citizen. Photo service is also available.
UK students: Please visit our office or call for an appointment as we try to accommodate every request.
- Click here for appointments, which are required, Monday-Thursday 9a-1p (except for federal and university holidays). Additional times and Fridays may be added as needed; check the appointment page for availability. Please call 859.257.2619 for assistance. For application forms, information on required documentation and fees, and current processing times, see the official website for passport information, www.travel.state.gov.
- Photo service is available: $12 for two 2x2 passport quality photos ($10 UK students) that can also be used for renewals, visas or other identification forms. Please call 859.257.2619 for assistance if you only need a photo; there is no need to book an appointment online.
- Our office does not accept cash, cards or electronic payment of any kind for payment of fees. Payment to the U.S. Department of State must be by check (personal or cashier) or money order. Payment to UK for execution fees, photos, or postage must be by separate check/money order.
- Passport Renewal - If you meet the criteria for renewal, the process is very self-directed and it is not necessary for you to apply in person. Click here for more information.
- View these videos for more guidance on new passports, passports for minors, and passport renewals.
Planning to travel? Apply early! Apply at least 4-6 months before planned travel. Due to limited availability for urgent travel appointments, in-person service at a passport agency or center are not guaranteed. Customers with life-or-death emergencies are being prioritized. More information about appointments is available here.
Effective October 28, processing times for routine and expedited service are as follows:
- Routine Service - 8-11 weeks beginning when the application is received by the US Department of State
- Expedited Service - 5-7 weeks beginning when the application is received by the US Department of State. Expedited services costs an additional $60 per application.
- It may take up to 2 weeks from the day you submit your application until your status is "In Process." During these 2 weeks your application is delivered to the mail facility, your payment is processed, and your application is entered into the system. Even if your passport status says "Not Available," your application and supporting documents are safely on their way to the US Department of State.
- Optional USPS Express postage can be added to any service for 1-2 day delivery one/both ways.
The U.S. Department of State is advising extreme caution with international travel, depending on infection rates.
We request that you wear a mask inside all office spaces at UK, regardless of vaccination status. If you are getting a passport photo, we will instruct you on when to remove and replace your mask. Please see the University of Kentucky COVID19 website for more information.
o Upon arrival please wait to be admitted to the office for your appointment. One party is allowed in the passport office at a time.
o If you are not feeling well the day of your appointment, please call our office to cancel/reschedule.
KY licenses with Real ID - Kentucky residents will need either a valid US passport or the Voluntary Travel ID (REAL ID-compliant driver's licenses) for domestic air travel effective May 3, 2023. You may also find more helpful specifics on drive.ky.gov.
Campus parking - In addition to nearby street/city-metered parking, UK Parking Structure #5 offers Visitor Parking (hourly rates). The Gatton Student Center Visitor lot is on the opposite end of the building, Avenue of Champions and MLK Blvd. ($2/hr). Parking is typically at a premium on campus, so please plan accordingly.
Wildcat Passport Services is located on the lower level of the Bill Gatton Student Center (#154R), located at 160 Avenue of Champions, Lexington, KY 40506. Our office is across from WRFL.