Wildcat Passport Services
Wildcat Passport Services is open for passport acceptance and photo service. We accept applications for the U.S. Department of State for any U.S. citizen.
- Appointments are required and available Monday and Thursday 9a-12p (except for federal and university holidays). Additional times and Fridays may be added as needed; check the appointment page for availability. Please call 859.257.2619 for assistance. For application forms, information on required documentation and fees, and current processing times, see the official website for passport information, www.travel.state.gov.
- Photo service is available: $12 for two 2x2 passport quality photos ($10 UK students) that can also be used for renewals, visas or other identification forms. Please call 859.257.2619 for assistance if you only need a photo; there is no need to book an appointment online.
- Passport Renewal - If you meet the criteria for renewal, the process is very self-directed and it is not necessary for you to apply in person. Click here for more information.
- View these videos for more guidance on new passports, passports for minors, and passport renewals.
The U.S. Department of State is advising extreme caution with international travel, depending on infection rates. Effective September 28, 2020, processing times for routine and expedited service are as follows:
- Routine Service - 10 to 12 weeks, door-to-door, from date of application
- Expedited Service - 4 to 6 weeks, door to door, from date of application. Expedited services costs an additional $60 per application.
Wildcat Passport Services is following UK Restart guidelines (FAQ): Wear a Mask, Wash your Hands, Physical Distance, Daily Screening.
- A face covering must be worn at all times in the office, except when removed for a photo.
- One person is allowed in the office at a time; family members may need to wait in the adjacent lobby.
- Desk surfaces are cleaned between appointments, and hand sanitizer is available.
- All UK students, staff, and faculty will complete a daily screening in order to be on campus. Please reschedule your appointment if you are not feeling well or have a temperature.
KY licenses with Real ID - Kentucky residents will need either a valid US passport or the Voluntary Travel ID (REAL ID-compliant driver's licenses) for domestic air travel effective 10/1/2021. You may also find more helpful specifics on drive.ky.gov.
Campus parking - In addition to nearby street/city-metered parking, UK Parking Structure #5 offers Visitor Parking (hourly rates). The Gatton Student Center Visitor lot is on the opposite end of the building, Avenue of Champions and MLK Blvd. ($2/hr). Parking is typically at a premium on campus, so please plan accordingly.
Wildcat Passport Services is located on the lower level of the Bill Gatton Student Center (#154R), located at 160 Avenue of Champions, Lexington, KY 40506.